For most households, the bathroom ranks top on the most used areas of the home. Consequently, bathroom repairs can take up a lot of your time and even your budget. So it’s important to do a routine check for any emerging problems. This way, you can fix a small problem before it turns into a big problem.
Leaking (or noisy) showerhead and shower knobsWhen your shower head and knobs start making funny sounds or out-of-the-ordinary noises, that could be a problem. Simple causes could be:
- There might be a faulty washer.
- Seals may be broken.
- The water pressure may be too high.
Washers and seals are common spare parts you can get from the hardware store. You can fix the water pressure by making adjustments to your water pipeline valve.
If these don’t solve the problem, it’s better to let a professionals do a proper diagnosis. Contact us for a visit so we can assess the exact issue and administer an effective fix.
Don’t you just hate it when the drain clogs while you’re having a shower? You’re trying to get clean but your feet are soaking in the dirt. A clogged shower drain is nasty. And it’s often because of hair and scum buildup.If it’ a simple issue, you can unclog your drain by:
- Long wire - Stick it into the drain and take all the hair out.
- Boiled water - Pour it down the drain to melt the soap cakes.
- Baking soda, vinegar, or dishwashing liquid - Use these in combination with water to clean and disinfect your pipes.
A clogged toilet is a major annoyance and problem. It often happens to old toilets with little or poor flushing capacity. Another major cause for toilet clogging is to have children or guests who are not mindful of what they can and cannot flush down the toilet.You can apply simple but effective fixes like these:
- Use a wire. - It’s a messy task but before anything else, you first need to fish out any baby wipes and non-flushable tissues.
- Flush multiple times. - Flush now and come back after a few minutes to re-flush.
- Use liquid dishwashing detergent. - You may need to use a lot of these. Pour a large amount then flush. Repeat if necessary.
- Remind young kids and guests of what not to flush down the toilet, like: Baby wipes, Kitchen towels/tissues, Earbuds, Sanitary pads etc.
Bathroom repairs can be simple or complicated. DIY what you can. More importantly, don’t postpone a plumbing service for help with what’s beyond your capability.